And I like it. You probably can’t tell. And that’s the point. But everything is running smoothly on the back-end where I am as I type! I was hesitant to upgrade from 1.5 to 2.0 as I heard some nightmare stories. But 2.0.1 came out and I jumped.
I’m now running several plug-ins that I really dig. For those who are interested, here ya go:
- Akismet for spam (it comes with WP 2.0.1)
- Feedburner Feed Replacement for streamlining my RSS versions into one
- WP-Print so that you can print out each entry if you want (this is how my mom reads my blog)
- SimpleTags so I can add technorati tags to each post
- WordPress Mobile Edition so you can read this blog on a mobile phone
- WP-Contact Form so you can email me
There’s a ton of other plug-ins ready to go for WP 2.0. You know what I’d recommend if you’ve never used Word Press? Go open up a free wordpress.com blog that is hosted by them. That way you’ll get a feel for how the back-end works.
That’s what I did.
[tags]wordpress, word press, wordpress 2.0, word press 2.0, word press plugin, akismet, spam blocker, feedburner, print blog, print post, technorati tags, mobile blog, email form, wordpress.com, free blog[/tags]