I can’t take credit for this tutorial though. My friend Keith figured it out and emailed me the directions.
There are 3 steps to this Web 2.0 activity!!!
- Set up Flickr
- Set up Gmail
- Set up Versamail
Set up Flickr
Set up Google to use POP
- Log into your gmail account
- Click on Settings in upper right corner
- Click on Forwarding and POP in the yellow navigation area
Set up Versamail on Treo
- On gmail.com mail settings, follow the link on Configuration Instructions
- I chose the Other set of instructions
- On the Treo, launch Versamail.
- Tap the top menu and choose Accounts.
- New account
- Account name: Gmail (is what I used. Use whatever you want.)
- Mail Service: Other (since gmail isn’t there! Appears you could also set up Versamail through your ISP account. I haven’t done that.)
- Protocol: POP
- Incoming mail server: pop.gmail.com (from the Gmail Other settings page. )
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com
- Select Advanced
- Incoming server settings: Port 995, Checkmark the User Secure Connection (SSL) box
- Outgoing server settings: Port 587 (Gmail indicates this or 465, but I couldn’t get 465 to work), Checkmark User Secure Connection (SL), Checkmark Use authentication (ESMTP)
PS, if you blog this, take my personal info out please, especially my email address. I don’t want email requests for help!
Thanks, Keith. Whew is right! And I made the changes.
Want to see what I’ve moblogged from my Treo to Flickr so far? I’ve thought about doing a moblog of a day in the life of by posting a photo no matter where I am every hour. What do you think?
Hey, stop yawning!
[tags]treo650, treo, versamail, gmail, moblog, flickr[/tags]