I’ve recently learned a nice way to keep up with comments on different blogs.
- If you want to subscribe to all the comments to a Word Press (and some others) blogs, you can put the comment feed in your RSS reader. I created a folder in Bloglines called “comments” for this. The standard formula for site comment feeds is http://www.blogname.com/comments/feed. The one for this site is http://rob.orangejack.com/comments/feed
- For Word Press blogs (and some others) you can subscribe to the comments for just that post. It’s a nice way to stay up with just that conversation. I think the formula for the default feed is the post’s unique web address with /feed after it. So because this post’s URL is rob.orangejack.com/…/keeping-up-with-comments-tip/ then the feed for comments on this post is rob.orangejack.com/…/keeping-up-with-comments-tip/feed
- On some blogs (like this one), after you leave a comment, you can check a box just above the submit button to be notified by email of additional comments.
- Another approach I read about once but have never tried is to use del.icio.us to keep up with conversations you’re a part of. The idea is you bookmark the conversation (post) you want to follow and tag it something like “mycomments”.
- One last one that I’ve not used becuase it looks too similar to the del.icio.us solution is to create an account with co.mments.com
Like I said, I’ve now created a folder in Bloglines called “comments” where I’ll monitor my blogs and some conversations from other blogs. After a while, I’ll clear out a few of the feeds.
[tags]bloglines, rss, comments, blog comments, monitoring conversations, monitoring comments[/tags]