I think I just thought something crazy about the show LOST. I may be way off, but what if I’m right?
What if the entire show is really about Desmond Hume? What if the word “lost” really referred to him?
A couple of points about that:
- Dez was an army guy who was dishonorably discharged.
- Dez is in love with a woman whom he can’t have.
- Dez feels he has to get his honor back.
- Dez literally has been lost on an island for 3 years.
- It was a consequence of Dez’s accidental murder of Kelvin that caused the plane to crash.
- At the end the Season 2 finale, we find his girlfriend is still looking for him.
If that doesn’t describe a man who is lost I don’t know what does. What if it’s really all about him? What if the show is now shifting to explain that this is really a story of a hard-luck guy who has done some bad things, but is tormented that he can’t have the love of his life, meanwhile she continues to search for him unbeknownst to her un-approving father? Everything else on the island is just part of their story?
Oh, by the way, Desmond’s girlfriend is named Penelope, the same name of the woman who waited and longed for her husband, Ulysses, to return from the Trojan Wars.
UPDATE: Whoa! I just read an article from Entertainment Weekly that published today (Saturday) saying the same thing! Maybe I really am onto something!
[tags]lost, desmond, penelope, lost theories[/tags]