I’ve learned a lot about this fantastic service from Disney. I’ve learned it because I’m a Disney PhotoPass photographer! Here’s the short of how it works:
- You get a card with a code number on the back of it for your photos
- You find a PhotoPass photographer in any of the Disney parks and they take your pictures
- The photographer scans your card and all of your photos are uploaded wirelessly almost immediately
- You can view the photos before you leave the park and purchase some if you want
- You can view the photos at DisneyPhotoPass.com for 30 days
- You can add Disney-themed borders and other items to your photos (in-park or online; options vary)
- If you like any photo you can order prints
- If you like all the photos can order a CD with the copyrights to print them anywhere you want
If I do say so myself, it’s a fantastic deal if you get a lot of photos taken. And here’s the awesome kicker: you can upload YOUR photos from YOUR camera to your account then buy the CD!
The bottom line is this is a free service. If you want to buy printed photos you can. If you don’t want them, don’t buy anything. You can still view the photos online for up to 30 days.