You might remember we were supposed to go to Alaska on vacation back in February but at the last minute we had to reschedule.
So this afternoon we’re trying again! We plan to fly out of MCO (Orlando) around 5:30 pm. Connecting through Salt Lake City, we arrive in Anchorage some hours later. The time change is confusing me as to when we actually get there.
Anyway, I hope to take a lot of photos and I’ll share them as I’m able. I don’t plan to be online a lot but we both know I will. We fly home May 7 on the red-eye.
We’ve cashed in frequent flier miles for both of us and we’re staying and hanging out with friends. Since our costs to get and stay there are very low, we’re going to try and take advantage of a few things:
- We’re going to participate with our friends in a charity walk in downtown Anchorage
- Drive from Anchorage to Seward
- Take a 6-hour wildlife and glacier cruise at Kenai Fjords National Park
- Spend one night at Box Canyon Cabins in Seward
- Visit the Alaskan Wildlife Conservation Center
We’re really excited about it! So we’ll catch up later…