Every year I try to get into NASCAR. I pick someone and try to follow them for the season. I want to be a fan. But I just can’t do it. I just don’t care enough for NASCAR.
But when I try to pick someone, it’s usually Jeff Gordon. There’s only one reason I pick him – he was born on the exact same day I was. We both turn 37 today. If I’ve gotta pick something to not follow a sport, might as well be that!
A few other interesting things that happened today (besides the birth of Jeff Gordon and myself):
- The Second Temple in Jerusalem was destoryed by the Romans in 70 AD
- Don Perignon invented Champagne in 1693
- Louis Armstrong was born 1901
- Billy Bob Thornton was born 1955
- Barack Obama was born 1961
- Roger Clemens was born 1962
- The US Dept of Energy was created in 1977
- The Phoenix spacecraft launched to explore Mars in 2007