These are my top 5 instruments that sound awesome at first but after about 2-3 minutes sound annoying.
- Steel Guitar – actually this sounds annoying to me just about the entire time, but I can put up with it for the first stanza
- Bagpipes – yes, Amazing Grace on them is amazing. But the longer it goes, the more piercing the high notes are and the more annoying that one constant low note is.
- Harmonica – I love the harmonica. I used to play it. But there is a reason you only hear it for a few seconds in most songs
- Cowbell – Even though this is an unpopular stance to take for we all know the only cure for a feva is more cowbell, but I’ll take the hard stance and say that it’s awesome at first but annoying after about 3 minutes of consistency in 4/4 time.
- Harpsichord – You don’t hear it that often, but when you do it’s really cool at first. Then it turns into high-pitched headache.